To Empower Innovation
We are a fast-moving start-up company that is an innovator in network intelligence platforms for the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and global security operations.
Come and join an experienced and agile team that provides you with the work environment and flexibility to be creative and innovative. We are never shy of trying something new and learning from our mistakes.
We are based in Colorado Springs, CO, with several team members working remotely from across the country. We are led by an executive team which ran multiple successful start-up companies providing a vast network of industry connections for potential partners or insightful guidance. They are always open to exploring new ideas and understand the importance of quick decision-making without overanalyzing.
If you like “owning your job”, moving fast, and helping to build something great, then come join us!
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has deep experience in managing IT, networking, cybersecurity, site operations and Federal Government information security work in a high-growth, scrappy start-up environment. You should be passionate about making sure that everyone has what they need to get their best work done and have a pragmatic-but-thorough approach to ensuring compliance with rigorous security and privacy standards. This is an exciting, challenging, and foundational position that reports directly to the CEO.
- Manage and improve existing IT processes for employees, including equipment management, MDM, account provisioning, and so on.
- Use Axellio’s PacketXpress software to monitor and improve the company’s cybersecurity posture and provide a showcase for use of the software.
- Resolve internal IT issues and assist the team with various software and hardware concerns.
- Work with external consultants to support efforts on the information security and compliance front.
- Manage compliance with the NIST 800-171 standard.
- Write and maintain internal policies relating to privacy, security, employee access, and more.
- Define and document on-call procedures, deployment guides and internal security policies for sensitive customer data.
- Manage and implement networking and security policies (e.g., network isolation, certificate management and provisioning, etc.).
- Manage internal applications including Office 365, Netsuite, Jira, Veeam, O365 GCC High, and Github.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the facility performing the following actions:
- Manage the physical security of the building with the Elements SaaS platform.
- Serve as the company’s Facility Security Officer (FSO) and Internal Threat Protection Senior Official (ITPSO).
- Verify security clearance status for visitors and potential new employees, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Oversee security clearance process for employees; process personnel, facility clearance information, periodic reinvestigations, manage the Defense Information Security System (DISS) database, National Industrial Security System (NISS) and related files.
- Develop and provide security-related briefings and training required by the government.
- Develop and provide foreign pre/post travel briefings in accordance with government requirements.
- Track, initiate and notify personnel of periodic reinvestigations.
- Prepare and report security relevant information as directed by the customer.
- 7+ years of experience in an IT, information security, cybersecurity, or site operations role.
- Deep experience and understanding of security standards and processes.
- Experience implementing the NIST 800-171 standard.
Understanding of vulnerability management processes and tooling including penetration testing, external vulnerability scanning, patch management and overall threat mitigation.
- Experience managing internal IT processes, including equipment ordering, and employee onboarding.
Experience implementing and maintaining internal processes related to security and employee access policies.
- Experience in a DOD security environment
Hold an active Secret or Top Secret clearance
What you get:
- The chance to develop next generation networking and cyber security products and to work with others who are passionate about technology.
- Excellent pay commensurate with experience and benefits and an opportunity to create something special and share in that success through equity options.
- A team driven by collaboration and getting results in a fast paced and transparent start-up environment - where trying new things, “failing fast,” and learning are valued.
At Axellio we understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people who are committed and vibrant team members that bring determination and passion to work every day. We recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a broad and diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply.
If you would like to learn more, please send your resume to: John Grover at firstname.lastname@example.org
Axellio’s mission is to provide expertise and technology that secures our customers' critical infrastructure, as well as their employees, their data, and their clientele. We create innovative solutions leveraging our own designs, open-source, and partner solutions integrated for work-flow efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and optimized for our customers.
Equity and stock options
for every employee.
Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their families.
Life insurance, short- & long-term disability insurance options.
Unlimited paid time off.
10 paid holidays per year.
401k and Roth 401k program with company match.
We realize it takes a team — no one can win on their own. We value input from others.
We are motivated, engaged, and take initiative to find a better way.
We are responsible & accountable — we avoid analysis-paralysis and get things done.
We are solutions providers, not problem identifiers. We succeed only if our customers succeed.
We are honest and candid and do the right thing.
We challenge "the way it's always been done" and design customer value into our solutions — everywhere.
We encourage laughter and shared experiences that build trust with team members and customers.